- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Homemade apple pie filling, 20 oz
- 1 cup caramel sauce, room temperature or slightly warmed
- 1 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2/3 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, apple pie spice, water, oil, eggs and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the apple pie filing.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 28-33 minutes.
- Remove cake to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes.
- Poke warm cake every inch or so with a straw, halfway into cake. Drizzle 3/4 cup caramel sauce over the cake, allowing it to fill in holes. Cool cake completely.
- Top cake with whipped topping, toffee bits and remaining 1/4 cup caramel sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover Caramel Apple Poke cake for up to 3 days.
Recipe from: mybakingaddiction.com