- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C applesauce
- 1 medium apple, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 C pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/3 C dried cranberries
- 1/4 C chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 C mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, baking powder, seasonings and salt.
- Add applesauce, grated apple, egg white, maple syrup, vanilla extract, milk and cranberries, plus any optional additions. Stir well to incorporate.
- Allow the mixture to set and thicken for about 3-5 minutes before spooning into your muffin pan.
- Fill muffin cups almost completely full with batter. The muffins will not rise.
- Bake for 30 minutes and until the center of each oatmeal muffin is set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. If you don’t allow these to cool before taking them out of the muffin pan, they will fall apart. Use a knife around the sides to make removal easier. Store in a covered container in the fridge for about a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe from: MyFitnessPal.com