- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Streusel topping*
- Caramel Sauce*
Preheat oven to 350°. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add apples; sauté 5 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat; cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare Streusel Topping and Caramel Sauce. Reserve 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce for another use.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured shiny 9-inch springform pan; top with apples. Drizzle with 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce; sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. (A wooden pick will not come out clean.) Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes; remove sides of pan. Cool completely on wire rack (about 1 1/2 hours). Drizzle with 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce.
*Caramel Sauce: 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, ½ cup butter, ¼ cup whipping cream, ¼ cup honey. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat & cool 15 minutes before serving.
*Streusel Topping: 1 ½ cups all purpose flour, 1 cup chopped pecans, ½ cup melted butter, ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar, 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp salt. Mix all ingredients together & let sit for 30 minutes. Once firm, crumble into small pieces.
Recipe from: Southern Living