- ½ cup apple butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups whole milk
- Pasty for 9” pie
- Beat eggs in a medium size bowl. Add the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and apple butter. Mix well.
- Add milk and whisk together.
- Press the pastry into a 9″ pie plate that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is set. It will still seem slightly “jiggly” in the very center, but a knife put in the center should come out nearly clean.
- Cool in the pie plate on a wire rack.
- Store the pie in the refrigerator once it is cooled.
*It’s best to use a high fat milk for this recipe. You can even use evaporated milk or half and half.
Recipe from: Tastes of Lizzy T’s