- 4 large apples, peeled
- 2c sugar
- ½c vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1c chopped roasted pecans or walnuts, optional
- 1c raisins, Craisins, or chopped dates
- 3c all-purpose flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 T. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 8” x 4” loaf pans. Set aside.
- Using the large holes of a box grater, shred the apples (discard the cores).
- In a large bowl, fold together shredded apples and sugar, and let sit for 15 minutes until sugar dissolves. There will be a lot of liquid.
- Add oil, eggs, vanilla extract, pecans, and raisins, and stir to incorporate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir dry ingredients into the apple mixture, just until mixed. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 55 minutes, or until golden and center tests done with a toothpick. Remove pans from oven to cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Then turn breads out of pan onto rack to cool completely.
Recipe from: afarmgirldabbles.com