1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup sugar
½ butter, softened
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 ¾ tsp baking powder
½ cup milk
1 apple, peeled & chopped. Mix with 1 Tbsp sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon.
*Glaze: 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream. Mix together to a drizzling consistency
- Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated; add vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and baking powder together in another bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture. Mix milk into batter until smooth. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the apples and half the brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apple mixture into batter. Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a finger or spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
Recipe from: RumblyTumbly.com