- 1-1/4 cups oil (vegetable, canola or coconut)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3 cups peeled & chopped apple (use your favorite baking apples, we recommend Cortland)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch (12 cup) round bundt pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the oil and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. With the mixer on low speed, add in the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon until well combined. Fold in the pecans, coconut and apples. Batter will be thick. Spread batter evenly into prepared cake pan and bake for 60-65 minutes or until a long wooden pick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert pan on wire rack until cake drops out. You might want to tap the bottom of the pan with a knife a few times to loosen the cake and make sure it came out in one piece. Slice and enjoy!
Recipe from: thebakermama.com