- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond or peanut)
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup dried apples, chopped
- 2 cups rolled oats, divided
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder*
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Line a 9X9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Turn 1 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup pitted dates into a fine flour using a food processor.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl, incorporate the rest of the ingredients from the “Base” section and mix thoroughly with your hands. The dough should be very thick.
- Press the dough into your baking pan.
- Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process all of the ingredients from the “topping” section into a food processor.
- Spread evenly over the base.
- Freeze for about an hour.
- Cut into bars.
*Note: The amount of moisture absorbed by the protein powder used might differ slightly from brand to brand. If too moist, add more protein powder, if too dry, add more almond milk. The dough should be very thick as this is a no-bake recipe.
Nutrition Information- Serving size: 1/9 of recipe Calories: 468 Fat: 25g Carbohydrates: 47g Protein: 20g
Recipe from: http://www.onecleverchef.com/no-bake-caramel-apple-pie-protein-bars/