- For the salad:
- 1 Large Bunch Kale
- 2 Apples, we suggest Cameo
- 1/3c Dried Cranberries
- 1/3c Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3/4c Goat Cheese, crumbled
- For the dressing:
- 1 Small Shallot, minced
- 1/3c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove tough ribs from kale, then chop leaves into bite-sized pieces. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with half the extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and use your hands to massage kale leaves until tender.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together remaining extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop 1 apple into bite-sized pieces and use a vegetable peeler (or sharp knife) to make ribbons with the second apple. Add to bowl with kale.
- Add dried cherries or cranberries and pumpkin seeds, then drizzle over dressing. Toss until well combined and thoroughly coated.
- Crumble goat cheese over top and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe adapted from: bit.ly/KaleAppleGoatCheeseSalad