- 8 cups bread, cubed
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ c sugar + 2 Tbsp
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and ½ cup sugar.
- Stir in the apples, raisins, then gently fold in the bread cubes. Pour into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top the bread pudding. Bake 30-40 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- While the bread pudding is baking, make the caramel sauce.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the butter, heavy cream, and brown sugar; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer until the sauce thickens, for about 5 minutes. Pour over bread pudding to serve. Top with vanilla ice cream.
Notes: Leave out the bread crumbs for a few hours to get dry. If not possible, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes until dry but not toasted.
Make this the night before and pop in the oven for breakfast – it’s even better if it sits overnight before baking.
Recipe from: cakescottage.com