• 2 Cups all-purpose flour
• ½ cup brown sugar, packed
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
• ½ Cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 medium Granny Smith apples *or any firm baking apple*
• ¾ teaspoon apple pie seasoning
• 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
• ½ cup butter, softened
• 1 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• ½ cup quick oats
• ½ cup caramel topping
1. Crust: Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into your prepared pan. Prick the dough with a fork about 30 times. Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3. Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with ½ cup of the sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Pour over warm crust and smooth into an even layer with a spatula.
4. In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, apple pie seasoning, and caramel bits. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
5. Topping: In a medium bowl stir together the brown sugar, flour, oats, and butter until combined. Sprinkle evenly the mixture over the filling and bake 35-45 minutes, or until the filling is set.
6. To Finish: Cool to room temperature and then chill for at least 2 hours. Use the foil overhang to lift the bars from the pan and cut. Drizzle with caramel topping (optional) and serve.
Recipe from: foodfolksandfun.net