- 5 apples
- 1c buttermilk
- 1c sugar
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a fry pan or deep fryer, heat vegetable oil for frying
- Mix together buttermilk & sugar in medium bowl. Peel apples and add to buttermilk as you go.
- In a shallow dish spread a layer of flour. Pull apples out of buttermilk mixture one at a time and lightly coat all sides in flour.
- When oil is nice and hot, gently place coated apples into the oil so they are not touching. When the bottom side begins to turn golden, flip over and brown the second side.
- Quickly remove and place on a tray lined with paper towel. Sprinkle immediately with cinnamon and sugar while they are hot.
- Serve with caramel (Bauer’s carries several varieties!)
Recipe from: favfamilyrecipes.com