- 16.5 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough, store-bought is fine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 pounds apples, peeled cored and sliced thin (Honey Crisp or tart like Haralson is recommended)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Apple Pie Spice
- 1 1/4 cups caramel topping
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 10 inch springform pan or a pan similar to that size with an edge.
- Mix the cookie dough and flour in a bowl until combined well. Press into the bottom of the pan and go up the side of the pan about 3/4 inch. Make sure it’s completely covered with no holes.
- In a mixing bowl toss the apples with sugar, flour, and apple pie spice and then turn into the prepared crust and carefully spread out evenly. Drizzle 3/4 cup caramel topping over the apple mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 45 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, combine flour, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and apple pie spice. Then cut in the butter mixture and mix until if forms a wet crumb mixture.
- Remove pie from oven and take off the foil. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the warm pie. Put bake in the oven and do not cover. Continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned.
- Allow the pie to cool and then remove springform pan sides. When ready to serve slice the pie and then drizzle with additional caramel topping
Recipe from: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/2015/11/disneys-apple-caramel-pie/