- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into medium chunks
- 1 firm apple (Gala, Pazazz, Regent), peeled, cored, & quartered
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled & quartered
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 to 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4c nonfat sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450*
- Arrange sweet potatoes, apples, onion, & garlic in roasting pan. Toss with oil and salt & pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until soft, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Puree the apples and veggies in a blender or food processor (or use an immersion blender right in a stock pot), adding just enough broth to cover roasted mixture. Add more broth to the blender until the soup reaches desired consistency..
- Warm the soup over low heat in a stock pot until ready to serve.
- Serve with sour cream for creamier taste. You could also add 1/4 – 1/2 tsp ground chili pepper before blending for a spicier flavor.
Notes: Add 1/4 – 1/2 tsp chili pepper before blending for a spicier flavor.
Recipe from: thescramble.com