- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2-1/2 cups oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup shredded peeled apple (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend the peanut butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Mix in the mashed banana. Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the shredded apple and chocolate chips.
- Form 3-4 tablespoons of dough into large balls and place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball of dough with a cup measure that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly browned. Let cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: 20 cookies
Recipe from: TheMamaBaker.com