- 4 cups 4 cups apples, unpeeled and chopped (‘Granny Smith’ apples are ideal)
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick sweet cream butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- To prepare the cake mix the oil, sugar, and eggs; then add in sifted flour, vanilla, salt, soda, cinnamon, apples, nuts, and raisins.
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Scoop the mixture, it will be thicker than most cake batters, and bake at 325 degrees F for 90 minutes or until it tests done. Set aside to cool while you make the glaze.
- The glaze is made by mixing the butter, salt, brown sugar and milk in a saucepan. Heat and stir until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in enough powdered sugar until the glaze reaches spreading consistency.
- Remove the cake from the bundt pan and drizzle with warm glaze.
Recipe from: pallensmith.com/recipes