- 1 roll of refrigerated pie dough
- 5 small apples, peeled, cored, diced finely
- 1/4c sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 1/4c all purpose flour
- 2/3c brown sugar
- 2/3c granulated sugar
- 2/3c old fashion oats
- pinch of salt
- 3/4c plus 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray standard size muffin tin with nonstick spray. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut out 2″ circles.
- Gather and re-roll unused dough and cut additional circles. Place circles in bottom of greased muffin well.
- Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 5-10 minutes until the apples have softened slightly and the juices begin to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Add about 1 Tbsp of apple pie filling to top of each circle of pie dough.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, oats, and salt. Add melted butter and mix until well incorporated.
- Add a heaping Tbsp of the streusel topping to each muffin well, and gently pat down over apples.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes.
Notes: Allow the apple pit cookies to cool in the muffin tin for at least 10-15 minutes before removing. Use a dull knife to gently remove them from the tin. Cool on a wire rack.
Serves 2 1/2 dozen
Recipe from: Lovely Little Kitchen