- 1 9″ pie crust
- 1/2c sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2c diced apples
- 1c sour cream
- 1/3c sugar
- 1/3c flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4c cold butter
- 1c crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Place dry filling ingredients in bowl, stir to combine. Add wet ingredients (sour cream, vanilla, egg) and whisk until smooth. Fold in the chopped apples and incorporate into the filling.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake at 425* for 15 minutes then reduce temp to 350* and bake a additional 30 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle crump topping over the pie evenly. Place pie back in oven and bake an additional 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, refrigerate pie at least 1 hour before serving.
Preparing Crumb Topping
Stir flour, sugar, and cinnamon together. Cut the cold butter into the mixture with a pastry blender until course crumbs form. Add pecans and stir to combine.
Notes: When preparing the crumb topping, you ca rub mixture between your fingers until you have course crumbs; sometimes this even works better than a pastry blender.
Leftover pie should be covered and stored in the refrigerator.
Recipe from: bunnyswarmoven.net